Following the general support for the first Grand Prix we ran in 2015/16 we are again running the same competition for 2016/17, it is broadly along the same lines (as set out below), you need 6 races to complete the series, don't worry you have well over 20 races to choose from!
- Encourage race participation across a selected number of races
- Encourage friendly competition and provide motivation for self-improvement
- Focus us on identified races to showcase the amazing HBAC team spirit
The races are chosen for their locality, popularity, chance of a PB and those with team prizes. We hope to see lots of HBAC shirts at identified events, we want it to be fun, maybe we'll win some team prizes too!
- An ‘HBAC winter Grand Prix’ which runs from 1st October 2016 to May 2017
- To complete the Grand Prix an individual needs to complete 6 of the races in the series, each member who completes the Grand Prix qualifies for the (prestigious!) Grand Prix mug
- In each of the Grand Prix races the first HBAC male and female runner home scores 25 points, the second 24 points and so on….
- If an individual runs a PB* in a particular race they score an additional 5 points, the individual runner is responsible for emailing the Grand Prix co-ordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)to inform them, within 1 week of the race, of this and claim their points
- * For the 2016/2017 Grand Prix a 'PB' is your fastest time over the given distance in the last 3 calendar years, so from 1 Jan 2013. It's your responsibility to email the GP co-ordinator if you qualify.
- PB bonus points only apply where indicated below
- To score points in a race an individual needs to wear club colours (except for parkruns), be on the official results and be entered as a first claim HBAC runner
- The Grand Prix winners are the man and lady who have the most points from their races on April 30th 2017
- The ‘Marathon’ is a virtual race, any marathon run in the period ‘counts’ with all the times logged and the top time on April 30th scoring 25 points, the second 24 points and so on…
Race Distance Date Counts for a PB All the club Southern League XCs
Pamber XC - 9th Oct
QE2 XC - 13 Nov
Bourne XC - 11 Dec
Lords Wands XC - 2 Jan
Manor Farm XC - 22 Jan
Various TBD No Fleet 10K 23-Oct-16 Yes Great South Run 10M 23-Oct-16 Yes Gosport Half HM 20 Nov - 16 Yes Hogs Back Road Race c.7M 4 Dec - 16 No Boxing Day Run c.3M 26-Dec-16 No Alice Holt Parkrun 5K 21-Jan-17 Yes Stubbington 10K 15-Jan-17 Yes Chichester 10K 05-Feb-17 Yes Bramley 10M and 20M 19-Feb-17 Yes Wokingham HM 12-Feb-17 Yes Surrey HM 12-Mar-17 Yes Fleet HM 19-Mar-17 Yes Reading HM 19-Mar-17 Yes Alice Holt Parkrun 5K 08-Apr-17 Yes Marathon Any Yes