The Punch Bowl Challenges
The Punch Bowl 10k
WHEN: Sunday 30th September 2018
START: The Devil’s Punch Bowl, Hindhead, GU26 6AB
For online entries: go to the Run Britain website please note there is a £1 surcharge for administration
For postal entries: download the entry form
On the day entries will be accepted if the maximum numbers are not exceeded.
Runners with dogs will not be permitted.
Registration and Number Collection will be at The Punch Bowl Hotel where you will also find toilets and hot drinks. The start for all races is 200 metres from the hotel towards the viewpoint.
Cost of entries
|Event||Category||Affiliated Advanced||Non- Affiliated Advance||On the Day affiliated||On the day non-affiliated|
|10k||Seniors 16 and over||£12||£14||£14||£16|
|5k||Seniors and Juniors over 12||£5||£6||£6||£7|
|50 metre dash||Under 6||Free||Free||Free||Free|
- 8.00 am Registration Opens
- 9.20 am Call for 1k runners
- 9.30 am 1k starts
- 9.40 am Call for 2.5k and 5k runners
- 9.45 am 2.5k and 5k starts. (5k is two laps of 2.5k course)
- 10.20 am 50 metre dash
- 10.25 am Call for 10k runners
- 10.30 am 10k starts
- 10.45 approx Prize Giving 1k 2.5k and 5k Near the finish Line
- 11.45 approx Prize Giving 10k Near the finish Line
Medals and Trophies
All runners in each category will get a medal.
Trophies will be awarded in the following categories
- 1k Boys and Girls 1st 2nd and 3rd
- 2.5k Boys and Girls 1st 2nd and 3rd
- 5k Junior Boys and Girls 1st 2nd and 3rd
- 5k Seniors Male and Female 1st 2nd and 3rd
- 10k Prizes for First 3 Male and Female and for the first in each age Category:
- Male 40+ / 50+/ 60+ Female 35+/ 45+/ 55+
There is a reasonable amount of Parking with the Devil’s Punch Bowl Car park but parking wardens will direct you. NT charges may apply
Water will be provided at the end for all runners and at approx. 4.5k for the 10k runners. The National Trust Coffee shop will be open serving teas coffees cakes etc. Toilets are also there.
These will be found on the Run Britain and Haslemere Border websites as soon as possible after the results have been checked and reconciled.
Marshals and First Aid
All routes will be marshalled. Please follow the directions given by the marshal. If you have a fall or an accident, please try to get to the nearest marshal who will call for help. St John’s Ambulance will be in attendance.
Haslemere Border AC meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings and Saturday mornings. We are proud that we cater for all abilities of runners offering everyone the opportunity to develop and achieve their personal goals. See the Training pages of this website.
Black Down and Hindhead Supporters of the National Trust raise money to support these two significant areas around Haslemere.