Each year we run a club Grand Prix which is an event running from 1st October to 30th April. This year 2018/19 will be the fifth year.
The objectives of the Grand Prix are (i) to encourage race participation in a number of selected races (which include the XC races) (ii) create some friendly competition and motivation for self-improvement and (iii) show case our amazing club spirit.
- To complete the Grand Prix an individual needs to complete a minimum of 6 races from the list below (to be populated summer 2018 when races for inclusion are determined)
- Only your top 6 races results will count!
- In each of the Grand Prix races the first HBAC male and female runner home scores 25 points, the second 24 points and so on….
- If an individual runs for the first time or gets a PB* in any of a 5K, 5miles, 10K, 10miles, half marathon or 20miles (marathon distance now removed from the GP), they will receive an additional 20 points bonus, the individual runner is responsible for emailing the Grand Prix co-ordinator (email@example.com) to inform them, within 1 week of the race, of this and claim their points. You can only receive 1 PB for a particular distance e.g. 5k per GP season. So if you improve your 5k time more than once during the GP season you will only receive one, 20 points bonus
- A Personal Best (PB) is your fastest time over the given distance in the last 3 calendar years, so for 2018/19 from 1 January 2015 onwards
- To score points in a race an individual needs to wear club colours (except for park runs and the Boxing Day Run), be on the official results under their own name and be entered as a first claim HBAC runner.
- The Grand Prix winners are the man and lady who have the most points from their races at the end of 30th April 2019.
- * below denotes ineligible for PB points