Over-indulged a little over Christmas? Looking to improve your fitness and meet some likeminded people?
Haslemere Border AC are an all-inclusive group encompassing a wide range of running abilities and ages, including absolute beginners. Each year we run several courses for people who have never run before or are starting again after a break - the annual Get Up and Run course and the Couch to 5K course.
The courses are for anyone who wants to take up running but never quite had the fitness, confidence or motivation to do it, it’s really not for those who can already run 5k. It caters for everyone from the “absolute beginners to running” to the “rusty/unfit returners to running”. At the end of the course you will be able to complete a 5K parkrun.
We start with warm ups and short jog/walking sessions then gradually, over the duration of the course build up to running a full 5k.
Many of our recent graduates have caught the running bug, and are now regulars amongst club training sessions. Several have even gone on to complete longer distances, with many taking part in last years' Great South Run, and some have even run a half marathon!
About the course
- Qualified coaches run the course, with advice, help and encouragement from run leaders and other club members
- Sessions are held on a Saturday morning at 9:00am at the Devil's Punchbowl car park and on Tuesday evenings at 7pm in Grayshott
- The evenings are designed to be friendly, inclusive and encouraging so no matter what your ability all are very welcome.
- During the course, you should ideally run 3 times a week and so will involve a “homework” session of your choice.
- The number of places on each course is limited so please sign up as soon as you can if you are interested.
- The cost of the 12 week course is £45
For more information or to register please contact Sarah Barnett